Neurological Rehabilitation Team
We have therapist with great experience in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT).
Neurological Rehabilitation Team:
Provides services to people with neurological diagnoses such as:
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Tourette Syndrome
- Cerebral Vascular accident (Stroke )
- Bell's Palsy
- Parkinson's disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
Orthopedic Rehabilitation Team:
Provides services to people who have joint problems:
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation after any joint replacements
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Pain Management
Our scheduling team is trained to assign appropriate clinicians based on patient diagnoses.
PTs examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
- Range of motion
- Body mechanics
- General mobility (walking, stair climbing, getting in and out of bed or chairs)
Physical Therapists will do manual muscle work, soft tissue mobilizations, joint mobilizations, hands-on stretching and strengthening, range of motion (ROM), balance training, neuromuscular re-education, spinal rehabilitation, gait training and analysis of treatment for any type of pain.
They engage the patient in cognitive retraining, swallowing strategies, and improvement in speech quality.
- Work on improving dally quality of life
- Will perform standardized testing to ensure safety of someone living independently
- Will address personal daily needs of the client (i.e. bathing, dressing, grooming, toilet hygiene, functional transfers to and from showers, bath tubs and toilets)
- Can also address the ability to cook, shop, do laundry and any other house hold tasks that the client was able to at prior level of function.